Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out with the old....

...and in with the new!

After thirteen wonderful years of marriage, I had determined it is time for my Tfal pots and pans to take a road trip...and never return!

When I registered for these pots and pans 14 years ago, I was young, nieve, and uneducated in the ways of the cooking world. I just wanted a set of pots and pans and they seemed to be the "middle of the road" choice.

I'm tired of seeing black specks in my mac & cheese. Tired of my cream sauces scorching. Tired of scrubbing the pots more than twice!

Well, as my husband reminds me, sometimes you get what you pay for.


You are now looking at the new dog water bowl and the new dog food scoop!!!

A few weeks ago, my brother-in-law asked what he could get me for Christmas....and for one, I was not speechless. "Get me a gift card to Kohls or Bed, Bath & Beyond, I want new pots!" And, like any great brother-in-law, he followed through. I made my wonderful purchase over the weekend.


I already have two cast iron skillets and one anodized large pan. Yes, stainless steel for my pots! My mother-in-law has had her set for 20 years, so it seemed like a good change.

Goodbye old...you have served your purpose in life by filling the bellies many who have crossed my table, may you now serve your purpose and keep man's best friend happy!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about all the stuff you'll be cooking up in them.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete