Thursday, March 24, 2011

Iron Chef Challenge: Canned Tomatoes

This is the first time I have participated in Ott A's Iron Chef Challenge. When I saw what the ingredient was, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Canned Tomatoes.




Tomatoes.  My favorite vegetable. Or are they a fruit?  Oh well, we will settle that debate later.

I found this recipe over at Miz Helen's Country Cottage and knew it would be an instant like at my house. I changed a few of the ingredients since most of my crew dislikes garlic. However, I thought this recipe was a great way to use round steak - a cut that can often be challenging to use.



Few ingredients. So simple and so easy.


Round steak.....can be a challenging cut to use.


Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour before browning in dutch oven.



Add the baby bella mushrooms, onion, garlic, and pepper.


Then pour on those delicious tomatoes. Pour the beef broth on last.


I prepared plain white rice to serve with this dish. My crew loved it! The extra broth and tidbits of meat and flour were delicious!






1 comment:

  1. This looks delish! Thanks so much for linking up to the Iron Chef Challenge! You have a really cute blog (even if you raise angus cattle... sorry we had herefords and simentals back in the day.) Happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete