Monday, October 24, 2011

Hunk of Meat Monday: Slow Cooker Cowboy Pinto Beans

I love pinto beans......I'm pretty sure they are my favorite.

Of course, you can't forget black beans and great nothern beans and green beans.

Okay, enough about beans or this joint is going to start stinking! HA!





The best thing about beans.....they are fat free!


This recipe is so easy to fix and requires just a few ingredients.


The salt pork is the key ingredient.....it gives the beans a salty flavor! So much for watching my sodium levels!


I opted to make the beans a main dish by adding a pound of browned and seasoned hamburger. I fixed corn bread muffins to accompany this yummy dish!





1 comment:

  1. i make a dish i call Cowboy chow very similar to this.. yummy and filling. take care!

    ReplyDelete