Tis' the season for holiday music.
I love Christmas music of any kind - religious, traditional, original, kids, country, classical....all of it. However, I only listen to it from December 1st to December 25th.
There are a few songs that I have ot listen to repeatedly during the holiday season, for many reasons. Some songs put a smile on my face, some remind me of how thankful I need to be for the sacrifices Jesus made for us, some put a little kick in my step, and some make me feel all warm inside.
I thought I would share my five favorite songs. And if you have not heard these songs - try to find a way to listen to them.
5. I Farted on Santa's Lap (Now Christmas is Gonna Stink for Me) by The Little Stinkers - This is a MUST! My children love this song.....it will leave you in tears!!
4. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt - The seductive song of Christmas!
3. Mary Did You Know by Kenny Rogers & Wynonna Judd - This is simply a beautiful song.
2. Angels Among Usby Alabama - This song reminds me of the simple things in life.
1. It Wasn't His Child by Trisha Yearwood- Leaves chills running up and down my spine.
Of course, my list wouldn't be complete without a few honorable mentions!
You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch; any song by Bing Crosby; Til Santa's Gone by Clint Black; and a few of the classics from Gene Autry and Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and.......oh, I need to stop or I'll end up typing my entire list!!
What are your favorite songs?