Monday, October 3, 2011

Indian Corn Meets Hot Glue Gun

Indian corn and pumpkins and gourds and apples.....a few of the things I love about fall. 

I decided that since this is the time of the year that my So and I don't have dates.....you know, harvest, cattle sales, harvest, more cattle sales, and getting cattle ready for the North American....ok enough of my ranting. Anyhow, I decided to set up a date.....my hot glue gun and some indian corn!!

I am fortunate to have a dear childhood friend that tried a new venture......she raised indian corn, gourds and pumpkins. She's started a little business and is selling them.  She asked me if I wanted any indian corn and I jumped at the chance.


A few weeks ago, I saw this adorable picture of an indian corn wreath.  I fell in love with it but wasn't sure where I would get all the corn. And then Liz told me about her venture.

I knew it was love at first sight.

This wreath was so easy to make but the most important thing to remember is.......get 4 inch ears of corn or smaller. If your ears are any larger than that, they won't stay on the wreath.



Buy a 12 inch straw wreath at a craft store and a hot glue gun and glue sticks, if you don't have one.  Set aside about 8 to 10 sticks of glue. Sort your ears of corn out.....trying to alternate each color. 

Set the wreath on some straw paper and your glue gun on wax paper. 



Glue a few ears of corn at a time and let them dry.  It will take some patience and time to get the ears to stay on the wreath.

Use any larger, colorful fall ribbon and tie a 6 to 8 inch loop to hang the wreath.


As you can see, the indian corn and hot glue gun had a great date! The wreath looks awesome.....love all the colors!

Liz now has a new wreath to hang on her door and advertise her indian corn.  And I was successful at my first match making!  Next year, we are going into partnership to make more wreaths but hoping for smaller ears of corn!

Happy Fall!









1 comment: