Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hunk of Meat Mondays

Cider Glazed Pork Chops with Parsnips and Carrots

Nothing like a wonderful meal of pork chops and veggies. Not to mention a great dessert.



I have very few ingredients pictures as I had a true BLONDE moment when I started this receipe.....I forgot to put in my CF Card. Oops! Oh well, this recipe is so easy that that you don't need photos. All you need pork chops and a few ingredients.



The rest of the ingredients are easy.....olive oil, apple juice, brown sugar, cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic cloves, mustard, and ginger. Brown the chops and then pour over the ingredients.


These pork chops go great with parships and carrots. This dish is a wonderful way to get your children to eat a new veggie. Granted, parsnips aren't cheap but I want my children to try a little bit of EVERYTHING.


The ingredients for the Parsnip Carrot Medley are simple.....chicken broth, parsnips, carrots, butter, honey, salt and cayenne pepper. For those of you who aren't familiar with parsnips, my children call them white carrots.


Peel the parsnips and carrots and slice into bite size pieces. Bring them to a boil in the chicken broth. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until veggies are tender.



Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Serve with the pork chops.



This dish is delicious and great combination of sweet and salty! Be adventurous and try a new veggie! I'm anxious to hear the comments.

Dessert will be posted on Tuesday.....delicious, sinful Caramel Bars!








Jill

2 comments:

  1. I might just have to try this. Well, not the parsnip part. Sorry, can't do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,
    Your Pork Chops look so good. I will have to try your recipe. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete