Friday, March 11, 2011

Signs of Spring: Seeds & Bulbs

My seed and bulb catalog arrived in the mail this week and I was like a kid in a candy store. I love to garden, mainly flowers. I have wanted a few small, raised beds for years and that is my mother's day wish this year. (Hint, hint.....someone please tell my hubby!)

However, I need to buy my seeds, bulbs and plants before I can fill my beds.

Oh the things you'll see when you catalog shop!

Sunflowers. I'd love to be able to reach the sky like a sunflower.








Kohlrabi.....my crew loves the crisp, crunchy texture of this great veggie. We often argue over who gets the last bite.





Tomatoes.....I grew up eating tomatoes by the handfuls straight out of the garden. To this day, I still can't get enough tomatoes. And the salsa, I love to make salsa. In fact, I haven't bought salsa from a supermarkert in two years.





This year, I think I'm going to venture out to the world of the unknown - heirloom tomatoes. I have such a love for tomatoes that I'm growing restless with the traditional Beefsteak or Big Boy.  Why now try a Yellow Zebra or Oaxcan Jewel?






Or maybe a Green Zebra?


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Susan's. I am ready for spring also and I love gardening. My garden seed came the other day, and I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete