Monday, May 23, 2011

Going Green: What do you do with the Classifieds?

Mother Nature was little hard on my perennials this winter. I have many sections of plants that died.

And the weeds have taken over.

So, I'm going green. I don't feel like giving my flower beds a complete makeover. So in the interim,  I have come up with an alternate plan.

Newspaper.


Yes, I put the classifieds down on my bare spots and throw some mulch on top. Works great at smoothering the weeds and I'm being eco-friendly at the same time.



Save those newspapers, they might come in handy!

Go green!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!!!


    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!
    I wanted to let you know that I passed the Versatile Blogger Award on to you! Congrats!
    www.durrerce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete