Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Calm After The Storm

150 lbs of meat

30 lbs of pasta salad

100 gallons of sweet tea

520 chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies

And that only accounts for half of the food given to people at the 2011 Field of Dreams!

But it's over.
Photo by Morgan Phillips


We survived one more year. And it was a great year!  64 lots averaged $4500 with a $57,000 top selling open female. Standing room only!



It takes an army to put on a sale like this and many months of preparation.  I had friends from Idaho, Iowa and Nevada fly in just to help me....and that doesn't include the two dozen neighbors, local friends and family.

It truly is an amazing thing to witness. But the most amazing and moving thing that day was remembering those that lost their lives on September 11th. We had a local college freshman sign the national anthem and it was truly moving.



All four of them are to young to know what 9/11 is about.




As I reflect on the events of the last 30 days and the chaos that has been in my life, I reminded myself to stop and remember those individuals who lost their lives that fateful day.

God Bless the USA!



No comments:

Post a Comment