Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Joy List, Part II

January was the last time I updated my Joy List. 

I'm past due.....way past due!!

The past 10 months have been rather crazy and I have so much more to add to my list of JOYS!

My last post, Joy List, was just a start to what I am so thankful to have it my life.  Oh the joy it brings to me!


8. My family - my father went through his 2nd open heart surgery in June of this year. Long story short, he spent three weeks in the hospital but the Good Lord decided to leave him here on earth so he can play with his weasel rats aka his grandsons.

The Weasel Rats


9. Landon - he is my newest nephew!  I am so excited to have another one to spoil!  As you can see from the picture above.....Landon didn't think it was fun trying to take a picture from grandma's Christmas card!


10. Sweet tea - it's one of the simple pleasures in life.  So is blackberry tea, tea with lemon, the green tea at Panera Bread, etc.


11. Fall - I absolutely love how Mother Nature paints such a beautiful canvas this time of year!  In my last post, I talked about my grandmother's farm pond.  Well, this is the outhouse at my grandmother's pond.....functioning outhouse. Although I haven't used it in 10 years!


12. Grandparents and Great-grandparents -  No words can be said for what children can learn from their grandparents and great- grandparents. The bond is truly amazing. I am amazed at how much respect my sons have for elderly people and how they will go out of their way to say hi.  This is my 91 year old great-grandmother and three of her six great-grandchildren.


13.  ??

I challenge you to start your own Joy List......it truly makes you stop and think about the things that put a smile on your face.  It makes you stop.......just stop and reflect.   Two minutes into this post, I found myself lost in the laughter of last weekend with my grandmother and that all the stress that happened to work today had faded into oblivion.

Start your joy list today!

1 comment:

  1. you are such a wonderful person...you have a beauty and peacfullness about you. im so glad that we have become friends. you always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete